Abstracts are invited to be submitted online once registration opens, for:
- ASCIA 2021 Conference Posters – to be displayed from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd September 2021 on electronic poster boards.
- ASCIA 2021 Conference Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) oral presentations – for advanced trainees only, to be presented on Thursday 2nd or Friday 3rd September 2021.
Abstracts for CFAR “Hot Publications” short oral presentations are also invited to be submitted through https://foodallergyresearch.org.au/researchers/symposium/ – for food allergy research recently published, accepted for publication, or under review in a peer-reviewed journal, to be presented at the CFAR Symposium on Tuesday 1st September.
Acceptance of abstracts will be confirmed in early August 2021. ASCIA Poster and CGR abstracts will be published online in the Internal Medicine Journal (IMJ) by the end of September 2021.
ASCIA Poster and CGR abstract submission details are as follows:
- Only abstracts submitted by the due date as Microsoft word documents (no pdfs), using the template on this website (250 to 300 words) will be reviewed.
- To be eligible for publishing in the IMJ, poster and CGR abstracts should be original work, not previously published or presented at another meeting.
- Abstract titles should be short, descriptive and not contain abbreviations.
- Any abbreviations in the abstract must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts may contain tables, pictures and diagrams, but should not include symbols or languages other than English.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEST on Friday 10th July 2021 for consideration by the program committee. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by early August 2021.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered for the Conference, by the early bird registration deadline of midnight AEST on Friday 10th July 2021.
Once a poster abstract is accepted, authors will be notified and requested to email a pdf of the poster/s by Monday 10th August 2021 to be uploaded to the ASCIA 2021 Conference App and electronic poster boards
Electronic poster boards are being introduced in 2021, so authors no longer need to print or transport their poster/s. However, to ensure optimal viewing, all poster pdfs should be in portrait format. We believe that the introduction of electronic poster boards at the ASCIA 2021 Conference is an initiative that will:
Save space and therefore allow the posters to be viewed in the exhibition hall, where all the catering is provided.
Be more practical for delegates by saving them time, costs and the hassle of printing and transporting posters to the conference.
Reduce waste which is therefore more environmentally friendly.